Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday is for Studying

 I've always believed that Sunday is the ultimate day of the week for me to get some studying done and there are probably alot of students who share my view. It's a pretty relaxing day where pressure and everyday stress seems to be absent for some reason. Unfortunately, I'm never able to do anything constructive.

Nancy, when are you going to learn? WHEN will you realise that studying at home never works? You end up doing stupid things when you try that.

You see, the minute I open a book I end up watching teen mom on MTV:



Next, I go to reddit.com looking for stuff that makes me go "aaaaawwww...":



 These pictures are good examples of why I don't care if I'm allergic to cats. I cuddle them and hope for the best. As long as I don't need an ambulance, it's all good.


Now here's where I get desperate beyond measurement. My fingers start typing "people.com" in the web browser and in a mysterious way I get really interested in stories like these:



That's five minutes of my life I will never get back, by the way.


Then my dad walks in and announces that it's dinner-time and I'm all, "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, just give me a few seconds" like I was in the middle of something important. At this point, I realise that this is a hopeless case, but I am willing to give it another go after dinner.


So after dinner I park my bum infront of the book and get ready to tame it.


"It's not over until it's over!" I scream inside my head while I mentally pound my chest with both hands like a cave man.


Before you know it, I'm at the movies watching Star Wars in 3D:

I know it doesn't look like it, but I was a happy camper here. I had me Willy Wonka Nerds and me Snapples. That's all you need at the cinema. In addition to a good movie, of course. Which it was. At this point I finally admit defeat, so I decide: "Screw it. I'll do my studying tomorrow."


I find it astonishing that I was able to get myself through 13 years of school with an attention span of less than 15 seconds, and that I'm still dragging myself through an education. I obviously had to choose medical school, a course which requires the least work to get through. I definitely see potentially entertaining episodes in the near future.


Clearly, the conclusion is to stop studying.


Btw: What's the deal with the Gungans?

1 comment:

  1. I have that too-cute-kittens distraction as one of my favorites! Studies on Sundays is usually dead - I have spent mine drinking coffee in the sun on my balcony, watched some live pod-cast online and spent hours drawing up my apartment and furnitures to find alternative ways to reshuffle it! Like it is that I'm getting a loan for doing :)

    ReplyDelete