Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A turtle for your thoughts?

In order for this post to even make any sense (notice how I'm writing this as if every post I publish makes sense?), I need to fill you in on some background information:

People used to call me "the Naked Turtle".

Now that we got that out of the way, I can tell you that I possess quite a large quantity of turtles (or some are surely tortoises if you want to go there). At least for an average person, I think. I swear to God, I haven't bought any of them! Even though that nickname has been left behind ages ago, people tend to still buy me turtle-stuff. Here are some examples:



This was one of my first turtles ever received.
All I know is that this one's from Prague, and it has weels underneath so that its head and tail can move back and forth simultaniously as the turtle itself moves back and forth.


I got those two from my ex-boyfriend, actually. What are your thoughts on keeping turtles from past relationships? What do you do with them?




Haha, NOOO, I'm just kidding. You're alright, ex-boyfriend. Besides, I would never do that to turtles, and they were totally in on the joke. 


Moving on.

I would claim that this is the most authentic-looking one I have.


I know this doesn't look like a turtle...

... but it is. One of the most huggable I have.
This is definitely the most impressive.

I suppose I'm putting up this post to tell you that I might have outgrown my turtle shell. Frankly speaking, if I were to receive any more of these, as cute as they are, I wouldn't have any idea of what to do with them. Killing them like I demonstrated above isn't an option. I'm letting you guys know that it's an end of an era, a closed chapter, and that it's over.

Unless. UNLESS they are wearable and don't come as a knitted sweater with a huge turtle print on.

I think jewellery are the exception in most cases. Girls, huh.




1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!! For et herlig innlegg! Må si du fikk meg til å trekke på smilebånda :) Skilpaddene var veldig søte da :) Du har kanskje ikke sett min lille, men så altfor store samling av bamser.. I know, I know.. I'm too old for that.. men jeg bare elsker bamser, hihi :) EN psykolog hadde vel sagt at jeg prøver å bevare barndommen og det en bamse symboliserer for et barn (altså trygghet).. blablabla!! They're just sooo soft!!!

    Måtte le litt av deg på det ene bildet.. syns på en måte du og den ene skilpadden hadde litt av det samme uttrykket, haha :)

    Merker at jeg fikk en uhorvelig trang til å strikke en genser med skilpadder på... strange! ;)

    Kleeeem :)

    ReplyDelete